Wednesday, December 2, 2009

He gives us HOPE

"We have lasting hope through the salvation we have in Christ ... Hope means that even when it looks like it's all over, it's not all over yet. That's why the Bible says we can rejoice even in our tribulations. God is working in our hard times to produce proven character and hope in us."
-Dr. Tony Evans, Totally Saved

Psalm 33-22
"May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you." (NIV)

So this morning I had planned on writing all about the topic of HOPE. And then we received word that a member of Hubby’s step-family chose to end her life last night by committing suicide. UGH! Not a good way to start the day. I did not know her personally; I had only heard updates and stories about her. However, I know how painful this must be for my Hubby’s family as this is not the first suicide that they have had to deal with in their family.
My hope is in Christ Jesus. He is my ROCK. How lonely this world can be without him.
How do you share the HOPE with those that are lost? Especially, when they don’t want to hear it or feel it? Will they ever come to understand? This Christmas season I am reminded that that are many people out there without HOPE. For me, it’s my spouse, but for you it could be a family member, friend, coworker, or absolute stranger on the street.
For me this season, I would gladly give up all of my Christmas gifts in exchange for my husband and all those who are lost to see the HOPE that Christ Jesus gives to each and every one of us. Just think of how the world might be different! Oh, what a blessing that would be.
Please keep my Hub’s stepdad and his family in your prayers as they mourn the loss of their sister and daughter.

I have decided that this advent season, I will focus on praying for all those that are lost and without hope. I will not give up on those that are lost- God doesn't give up on them. I know that God hears and answers my prayers, even when I get discouraged and feel like it is never going to happen. His timing is perfect, ALWAYS.

Thank you God for your gift of HOPE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear of your Hubby's families loss. I will keep them in my prayers. I LOVE this post though, you totally spoke to my heart. I will pray right along with you. There is no replacement for the Hope that Jesus brings to life. But you have to get a taste of it personally before you can really jump in. There are SO many without hope, I was one of those people but God is good and He never gave up on me just like he doesn't give up on others. Through our recent journeys I am a firm believer in God's timing! Even when it doesn't make sense at the time, it always comes full circle in the end!!

Romans 12:12 renews my hope daily...Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.