Thursday, December 10, 2009

My Holiday Home Tour

This year I have decided to participate in Southern Hospitalities Holiday Home Tour...so come on in and enjoy!



This year I have used lighted greenery on the outside of our home as well as the stairway inside! I just love all the flickering lights....makes it so warm and inviting!



So I am not sure that our trees have themes...well maybe they do. This is the tree that you see in our front window. It has a bit of a country theme to it...Hubby called it the "ball tree" when I first started decorating it this year....so I had to get a few more NON ball items to add to it. I would love to add some more, but think I will wait until after this holiday season to see what I can get for a discount!




Here are a few more of my favorite items in the room....


As you walk into the back part of our home you will see this on our side table.......





And to the left is our bathroom.....with a few items too...I LOVE SNOWMEN!!!



Then on into the kitchen....a few items I have set out....




This little snowman my Mom bought for me this year....isn't he cute! :)

We then head onto the dining area....our centerpiece without candles (I will get them eventually) and then...our hutch with my new banner! I love it!!



In our family room we also have a tree....my hope one day is to have several more trees...but two will do for now...the tree in our family room is Hubby's favorite. It is a tree that reminds me of when I was a child. All the ornaments on the tree I received from Santa Claus (heck we still get them now). Santa always places ornaments on my parents tree for us to find on Christmas morning. This year I also added a few keepsake ornaments that my Grandpa and Grandma B always had one their tree too...I could sit by the tree for hours and just dream.  Also, my parents have always had a multi colored tree...and I knew I would just have to have one in my home one day....

Also, is our fireplace...another hope to have stockings with our names on them...I just have to find the right ones. :)




And a few more pics from our family room...I love Christmas!




With being so sick these past few weeks...I just haven't felt like my normal self...I had hopes to decorate more....but haven't been able to find the time...Hope you enjoyed the tour....be sure to check out more holiday homes! :)


5 comments:

ellen b said...

Hope you feel tip top soon Auntie D! I really love your hutch! Beautiful. Merry Christmas to you and yours...

Rue said...

Isn't it funny that one funny comment from a husband will send you running around trying to fix something LOL I do that all the time.

The house looks very sweet and I love your hutch too :)

rue

Anonymous said...

LOVE the decorations, they look great!!

Sue said...

Loved everything, especially the Nativity, and the white Christmas snow globe, thank you for sharing.
Sue

Anonymous said...

It all looks so festive! I am stopping in from Nester's Tour. If you would like to see my tour posts you can click on the 'Christmas 2009' tag on the left sidebar of my blog. Have a great holiday season!