Monday, June 29, 2009

Stocking Up

It was a very busy weekend around our house. I spent the majority of the day baking on Saturday (since it was so HOT outside). I have been wanting to try some new recipes...and I did just that!

On my list was whole wheat pita pockets, a new beef enchilada recipe (Pioneer Woman's recipe), pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, a new banana bread recipe (my mom's recipe is still our favorite), chocolate butterfinger pie, a meatloaf, and spinach and rice casserole.

I froze some of the muffins, bread, and pita pockets and the meatloaf and spinach casserole are in the freezer for a meal this week.

I enjoyed the day so much...I just kept hinting to hubby how much I would love to be doing it EVERY day! Oh Fiddle...perhaps one day that will happen.

Yesterday, we spent the day outside. Hubby's company played softball together. They played two games and it was a great day to be out...not a lot of humidity! I definitely got a tan too...can't beat that!

Today, it's back to work...thank goodness it is a short week! The great thing is that after Thursday I am off from work for 11 days! WOO HOO! I am so excited! We are going to see my family on the 4th and then head out to Idaho on 6th! So ready for vacation!

I hope to get some of the recipes I tried posted on the recipe blog tonight....make it a great day!

No comments: