Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

To all the mom's out there I wish a very Happy Mother's Day! I hope that you all have been able to enjoy your day and tried to relax a little. I spoke with my Mom earlier this afternoon and was happy to hear that she was going to take a nap. She deserves it! I love you Mom! Looking forward to seeing you soon and can't wait to give you your gift!

This weekend has been wonderful! For those of you who have commented on the pictures of our house..Thank you! So happy you have stopped by to check it out. We have been adding more things each day.

Friday evening we finished the valance box for the top of our drapes for our living room. It looks so much better!

Saturday morning, I ran my 5K! WOO HOO! I can't tell you how great it felt to go through the finish line. I don't know my time yet...it will post tomorrow. The clock overhead wasn't working and there were so many finishing they didn't tell me....and I was just glad it was over I didn't bother to ask. I know I was under 40 minutes...I am pretty sure I was under 35 minutes...but we'll see tomorrow. It was a cold morning...but the sun peaked out of the clouds at about mile 1..so it was a beautiful day. I think I will try and do another one...as I really enjoy running...although...my legs are so sore today from the hills. WOW!

I got home yesterday and ran around like a mad woman cleaning our house before our guests arrived. We hosted 3 friends of hubby's over for dinner and then were joined by our neighbor couple later on in the evening as we sat outside to enjoy the great night. I enjoyed getting to know them all better and it was a very relaxing evening. We are already looking forward to having them all over again soon.

Today I have been catching up on laundry....doing a little decorating...finished my mom's mother's day gift....can't show you till she gets it......piling up items for our garage sale...and just hanging out with hubby. It has been a great day to be at home.

That about wraps it up here at our house....I am off to watch tv.

Have a great night!

No comments: