Saturday, May 16, 2009

Garage Sale Day

Today our subdivision hosted a neighborhood garage sale. Wow! Was it chilly this morning! I had to put my slippers on and wrap a blanket around me for the first few hours this morning. It was a bit chilly! I heard that our neighbor around the corner had a heater going....good thinking!

I thought we should have been selling lattes and coffee to our customers as we probably could of made a killing! ha!

It was a successful day. I am now the owner of less items, however, I wish I could of just gotten rid of it all! I also made a good amount of money, so that is great too!

We had horrible thunderstorms, wind, rain and hail yesterday and we are now going to have to replace a tree that broke in our landscape as well as one that is completely dead. So I know what the money will be used for.

I am exhausted. Completely worn out...and I couldn't have done it without the help of my sister and mom! Thanks to you both!! My sister and little "I" came up yesterday to help me set up and then my mom arrived last night to help finish and they were both here today to help me watch all our stuff. Phew! It is hardwork!

I didn't feel like making dinner this evening....so I ran to chipotle for some yummy burritos...and now hubby is crashed out in his recliner sleeping and I am in our living room enjoying the sounds of the outdoors and relaxing on the sofa.

It was great to see all of you who stopped by our sale, my brother in laws parents came by (as hubby went golfing with T and his dad and brother), my brother and sister in law came by for a short time as they were on their way down to their new home! They are moving about an hour and a half away from us! Also, my sister's old roommate and my aunt came by for a brief time as well. Such a great day!

Tomorrow...I am thinking I am not going to do much of anything...laundry again is calling my name...and now that the garage sale is over it is time to think about the expo.....and get more decor done in the house.

Hoping you all had a great Saturday!

No comments: