Sunday, February 15, 2009

My weekend

There is nothing greater than starting my weekend seeing my favorite little fella. Little "I" and my sister took time out of their day to meet me for lunch on Friday. We had a great time and I got some snuggle time...which was wonderful!!

The rest of my weekend I have been working on some new bags.....check out this great material! I think this first one is going to be for me.....I have yet to make one for myself!


This next one...I am not sure what I will do with yet...may try selling it on etsy.com....I have several more I am working on....including one that was ordered for a gift...so I will not be able to post it until it has been given...but let me tell ya...I LOVE THE FABRIC!

Friday evening I swung by Hobby Lobby and bought this bullentin board for 1/2 off~


I spent today cutting out the fabric I bought for it and attaching it to the bullentin board...it is going in my laundry room!
What do you think? I LOVE IT!
I have a few more things that I am working on...including another blog...I know...can you believe it? I have decided to read the Love Dare book and try it out for 40 days...I just ordered it and am anxiously awaiting my amazon order. If you want to join me in this you still have time to get the book. I plan to begin a blog diary of each day.....I know it may be a bit more vulnerable than this blog....but I want to share my story and hope that it might be a safe place for those who are going through the same thing to come and read my experiences and comment if they want. My hope is that it becomes a sisterly support group. I haven't laid out all the details...but that is to come in the next couple of weeks.
Thirty-One is going really well. I have had three parties...all successful! Thank you for all your support! I look forward to many more!
We are getting our laundry room, pantry, 1/2 bath and guest bath all tiled in the next couple of weeks. We have been having trouble with our linoleum so we decided to use our home warranty credit and pay the difference to get this all done. I will be glad when this is all complete and we won't have bubbling floors.
I was looking out my kitchen window today and wanted to share with you what I have in my window. I believe my mom bought it for me about 10 years ago....and I always feel encouraged after reading it.
God is a Restorer
God's purpose is not to destroy us but to restore us. The enemy is the destroyer, but God has promised to restore the things the enemy has stolen from our lives: all the years of lost joy, all the times of frustration and defeat, all the moments of regret, all the pains of lost opportunities, all the hurts of broken relationships. God is building his kingdom within you - a kingdom of joy, love, peace, righteousness, victory, redemption, and right relationships. Roy Lessin
Until tomorrow...

No comments: