Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Back to life....

I am back and it feels good to be back. The flu hit me so hard! I told my hubby I don’t think I have ever been so sick in my life. I couldn’t even move! It was horrible! I will try and recap this past weekend for you as so much has happened since my last post.

Friday afternoon, I tried out a new hair salon and really liked the girl who did my hair! She did a great job and muscleman likes it! Although he keeps saying that I cut it shorter…just the back is stacked more. The length is still long in the front. (Inverted bob) I had my hubby take a picture of me at dinner on Friday night and I will post it soon. I like it a lot!

Friday evening, we went out to a new sushi place called the Moonlight Grill…NEVER GO THERE! It was the worst sushi experience we have ever had. They were super slow and we never did get all of our food…my hubby finally got someone to wait on us as our waitress disappeared and we got our check and left and headed to Chipotle as he was still hungry for a burrito and I wanted guacamole and chips. It was a very amusing time for the two of us. I enjoyed our date night…despite the crazy restaurant ordeal.

Saturday, we ran errands in the morning and early afternoon. We made a trip to Lowe’s where muscleman spent his gift cards on items for our house. More or less for projects we are going to begin working on…tiling and wainscoting. That evening we headed to my sister’s house to celebrate Little “I”’s first birthday. He was the star of the show and all had a great time. I have pictures of this too! You can check out a few on my sister’s blog….and her version of the story……looks like the party was a success despite all of the attendees getting the flu!

Sunday, I spent the day baking and making some yummy appetizers for the Super Bowl party that I was excited to share with you all. However, do to my recent battle with the flu, I shall not be taking on that topic for now. I was hit with the flu Sunday before bed, spent 8 hours in the bathroom, crawled back to bed, layed in bed all day and night Monday and even Tuesday morning. Around noon, I decided to try and take a shower….thank goodness we have a seat in our shower….it was exhausting! By last night, I was downstairs working on my Thirty-One party that I have tomorrow night, and my hubby had taken my place in bed. I tried to sleep in Y’s room last night….and decided that bed is the most uncomfortable bed ever!

Today, I am back into the swing of things at work, my hubby is back at work and we are on the mend. Chicken noodle soup is on the menu for tonight…..Bella girl is back at daycare…she didn’t eat for two days….she was so confused as to what was going on.

Thanks to my wonderful husband for taking care of me. I know I had him scared (he wasn’t sure if I was going to make it….he kept wanting to try and give me medicine to make it all better) he checked on me so much on Monday, bought me jello and chicken noodle soup and 7-Up…and gave me a cold wash cloth and heat pad when I needed it. He says he didn’t feel like he did much, but to me he did a lot by just being there if I needed anything. He was a great comfort.

Now on to my next adventure...

No comments: