Sunday, February 15, 2009

89th Birthday!

Today is a very special day for our family. It is my Grandpa B's 89th birthday! The picture below was taken on Thanksgiving day.....he doesn't look 89 to me!!





Grandpa B is an amazing man of God. He has demonstrated how to live like Christ to our family and he and Grandma B always made sure that we knew that Christ must come first in our lives. Holding hands and praying before each meal at their house is a wonderful memory that I hold in my heart. He has taught me so much and I admire him for the strength he has. I know that the past year and a half has been hard for him and he misses Grandma so much, as do we all. He has had to start over by himself and after 65 years of marriage had to begin to learn how to make coffee, do the dishes, make his own meals, grocery shop, and do his own laundry (yep..you guessed it...Grandma B was the BEST homemaker EVER!) Despite all that, I am sure the hardest part for him has been waking up alone each morning and reading his devotion by himself. That was something that the two of them did together each morning and I know it was so special to them both.

I can only hope and pray that my hubby and I can learn from their display of love and compassion for one another and for Christ. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful Grandpa!

I look forward to spending this coming Saturday celebrating Grandpa's birthday with our family. I know he will enjoy having us all together.

Happy Birthday Grandpa. I love you!

No comments: