Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The News

Sitting in bed and watching the news about the earthquake in Haiti.  My heart breaks for all of those people. I can't even imagine what they all must be going through. My prayers go out to them all.

It just reminds me how blessed I am.

I have been taking a few days off from the blog/internet/computer to reprioritze my time at home during the evenings.  I will admit that I use to spend the entire evenings on the computer and began to realize that it was affecting my husband and our time together.

It's not that I plan to stop blogging or communicating completely, I am just going to be doing things at a different time. The computer can be such a distraction for me and so I have removed the laptop from the family room and it is now located upstairs in our bedroom.

So far...so good.  And to be honest...I haven't missed it much....ok...maybe a little....heehee!

I became so addicted....I must be honest...I don't think it was a healthy thing....

So...what am I doing with my new free time? Spending quality time with my Hubby...reading a book....what you might ask? Don't laugh ya all!  I have the entire set of Laura Ingalls Wilder Books....I am reading The Long Winter and am enjoying it so much!  I read them long ago when I was a child and my Grandma B had a set that I now have and have decided to put to use instead of just sitting on a shelf. 

My sister got a set of Little House on the Prairie dvds for Christmas....I am thinking that will be what I collect next as I am close to finishing all my I Love Lucy sets....which by the way...am LOVING the new season I received for Christmas from my parents! Makes me laugh!

This week and last week were VERY stressful at work....we were so BUSY with the EXTREME cold  weather the US was having....our company set all kinds of records last week and with those records comes LOTS of customers....some happy...some not so happy or patient.  Enough about that...if you catch my drift..

Well...I think I have made myself sleepy...time for some sleep.  Nighty night!

No comments: