Monday, January 18, 2010

The Fog

I sit here thinking about how foggy it has been lately in our area. Last night, Hubby and I went to a movie and we could hardly see anything in front of us as we drove home. I could see how it might be confusing to someone who had never driven down the roads before….you might feel really lost.

Life at times can feel like the same way. Last weekend, was one of those weekends for me, where I just couldn’t see in front of me, couldn’t figure out where God was, if he was working and what he was doing. I was hurt, frustrated, scared, and angry and I let out all of my emotions and cried out to him wondering where he was in all of it. I was so tired of praying for the same thing and feeling like it wasn’t working.

I reached out to some of my friends who I had neglected for almost a year and my siblings and asked for them to pray for us. I knew that I could not go through the fog any longer without some prayerful support.

Today I am SO HAPPY to report that I am SO THANKFUL! Yesterday, God showed me VERY CLEARLY….that he is here…he is with me….and he is working in my life and my Hubby’s. I am not sure that I want to share all the details at this point……but I am so thankful, so blessed and so awestruck. God is good…no…God is INCREDIBLE….he is still performing every day miracles and continues to each and every day.

His work is far from over…..HE HAS A LOT MORE TO DO…and I know it isn’t going to happen overnight……but I am filled with such joy, such peace, such hope and my spirit has been renewed. I will not give up on God and his good and perfect plan.

I was doing a bit of reading on the study of Waiting on God by Beth Moore and I found this…. Take a look at Isaiah 40:31 (ESV):

but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint.

Waiting and strength are linked here in a way I hadn’t thought of before until Beth Moore said something like this:

“We will lose our strength when we wait on the event, thing, or person instead of waiting on God.”

Talk about an “aha” moment. When do we feel like we can’t go any further because we have no more strength?

When we’ve prayed over and over again for our spouse to believe in Christ? For a child to be healed? For a job? For a difficult situation to resolve and find a peaceful solution? For a loved one to come back to us?

Add yours to the list. Now ask yourself this. “What am I waiting on?” Did your answer look like one of these:

For my spouse to come to faith.
For my child to be healthy again.
For the right job.
For this situation to be fixed and go away.
For my loved one to come home.

Is your strength lagging? Are you tired and want to give up? Are you asking why God isn’t strengthening you? I know I have.

The key is right in the first line of Isaiah 40:31:
but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength.
Like Beth said, when we wait on our spouse to choose God, for our child to be okay, for a job, for peace, for restoration with a loved one, we’re waiting on that specific event, circumstance, or person. We’re waiting on it, and not God. And we lose our strength.
It always seems to come back to where we point our eyes, doesn’t it? Keeping our eyes on God and waiting on Him.

I am renewed today…thankful and focusing and waiting on God.

How about you?

No comments: