Monday, September 28, 2009

Mirror Mirror on the Wall

Saturday, we had an estate/garage sale at my grandparents home. (Well, my Aunt and Mom did). My cousin and I were there to help out and it was great to get rid of so many items.

When you entered their home, there was always a mirror hanging up that faced you as you entered.  They still had the mirror hanging and I kept eyeing it throughout the day.  Once the sale was over...no one had bought it....and I decided to take it home and see if I could dress it up to go in our house.

I made a quick trip to Lowes...bought some espresso spray paint....and check out the process below (yes...the mirror needs cleaned...but I forgot before taking the pictures!)




Now if I can just find the right window treatments to go in the room....I am debating between a goldish color or a paprika color.....Hubby likes the mirror...and I love that it hangs in our bedroom...a great reminder of my grandparents.

1 comment:

Twice as Nice said...

You did such a great job on the mirror and it's special because it's a family piece.

You will have the time of your life in Vegas. We had back stage passes to see and get pictures with Donny and Marie! I realize you may be a bit young to like them but they put on a fantastic show and it is reasonable. I think a little over $100.00 gets you front row booth seats. There isn't a bad show in Vegas.

We also saw Cher. We were only 11 rows back (It's because of Twins bosses that we get celebrity treatment)! She was awesome!!

Don't forget to go to Caesars and the Venetian. Those two hotels are amazing and an adventure just walking thru them.

There are comedy shows and other things to do that are reasonably priced. Any show you can go to is so different than any concert you have been to. ENJOY!!