Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Old Red Mill & NYC


So it has taken us over a year to try and decide what to put above our fireplace. We went back and forth with ideas....and then decided to use a picture that I took right after we moved to Jersey.

For those of you who don't know much about me, my husband and I lived in Jersey the first four years of our marriage. This picture is of the Old Red Mill in Clinton, New Jersey. For those of you who have never been to the west part of Jersey...you should go...it is gorgeous! Clinton is an adorable small town and great place to stop and visit and grab a bite to eat!

I remember taking this picture and when I got it developed I remember it looking just like a post card. So we dug it out of our photo album and found the copy we had saved on our computer and had it printed off at kodakgallery.com. It came out so clear! This picture does not give it justice! You will just have to come see it yourself.

I took it to Michael's to get framed and the framing assistants just could not believe I had taken the photo with my digital camera. They were awesome at helping me pick out just the right frame! As you can see, it is actually double framed instead of matted....and it looks like a painting from far away...until you realize...wait...it's a photo!

We also have been trying to find a couple of pictures to hang in our front room. We found this painting online and instantly fell in love with it. Can you tell a theme we have begun? We are hanging pictures/art in our house of places we have lived/travelled to.

As you can see below...this is NYC.

And this is after we got it hung....



Just a bit of what has been going on in our house...more to come.



2 comments:

Twice as Nice said...

I tried clicking on the picture to make it bigger but it wouldn't work. That picture does look amazing and like a painting. Love it. Perfect for the fireplace.

Rach said...

Love, Love, Love the Picture. It brought back great memories of our trip to visit you. You are so talented in decorating.