Thursday, July 30, 2009

Number Thirteen

Today is "Y""s 13th birthday! I can't hardly believe that he is 13!! A teenager we now have in our family!

Five years ago, Y and I met for the very first time. I will admit our first encounter with one another was not the easiest...in fact it was rather difficult for us both. However, over the years we have grown with one another and developed a great friendship and bond. I am not his Mom, nor will I ever try to be, but I am here for him any time day or night and he knows that. I love him as if he were my own and I am so thankful that he has accepted me to be a part of his life.

Being a stepmom is a tough job and a big responsibility. For those of you who read this and have been in the position, you will understand.

Y has changed a lot in the last year. He is now taller than me and thinks that is so awesome! His feet keep growing like crazy....he is already in a size 13 shoe!! The interest in girls is beginning and his love for baseball continues to grow. And his appetite for food is HUGE! I love spending time with him and only wish we had more time together.

What I absolutely adore is watching him and my hubby interact with one another. Talk about a spitting image of hubby! They talk, walk, and act just the same as well as look just like one another. The bond that they have with one another is something I can only hope and dream to have one day. I am so thankful that God has brought Y and hubby into my life.

He is an incredible thirteen year old that I look forward to watching grow into a young man.

Happy Birthday Y!! Your Dad and I love you very much!

No comments: