Thursday, July 9, 2009

Family time in Idaho

Vacation has been going well. I finally got a little sleep last night, but I am still so tired. Hubby and Y have been trying to keep me busy and occupied so that I don't have to spend a lot of time to just sit around and think.

I told Hubby yesterday when I arrived that I didn't want to have to make any decisions nor did I want to be in charge of anything. Last night we spent the evening with my hubby's parents and today we did the same. It is nice having them in town and we went to visit the history museum here that has the Titanic exhibit displayed and then we went and played some bowling.

We took a few pics this evening in the hotel as my in-laws leave tomorrow morning and we are heading out to Y's baseball tournament for the whole day. Looking forward to sitting in the sun as the weather has been nice out here. 70s and sunny. Can't complain.







It's almost 8:30 here and I am in my pjs and ready to try and catch some zzz's. Hubby and Y are watching some tv. Hopefully, I can try and catch up on some sleep again tonight.

I realize that my post the other night was a bit of a downer.....each day gets better. I know it will. I know that all four of my grandparents are looking down on me now and they wouldn't want me to be sad for them. I am not. It's just hard...life is hard. We were playing golf yesterday with a couple that were in their late 70s and I started to cry....My grandparents were amazing people.....and this couple was so sweet with one another...and it reminded me of who I will miss seeing in my life.

Both sets of my grandparents were married for 65 years and not a lot of people can say that. They were amazing examples to me and my family. I want that. I want to strive to be like them. I will probably write more about this later...but for now... I will close with this.

Each of my grandparents passed away in their own way. I look back on it now and I know that God had his hand in it all. He knew where I needed to be each time I received the news. He knew what heartache it would cause me and knew how I would need to be near my family. I know for some of you this may make no sense....so I will explain this as best I can. When I was in college, I watched my Grandpa K take his very last breath with family by his side. When I received the news about my Grandma B, I was already on a plane headed back to Missouri, when my Granny K passed I was at home and when my Grandpa B passed, I had not yet left for vacation. For his plan I am forever thankful for my God taking care of me and giving me the comfort and strength that I need. God is always good.

1 comment:

abby said...

D~ I am praying for you and your family. I'm so sorry for your loss and heartache. Love you friend!