Thursday, November 26, 2009

My list of "thankfuls"

This year will be low key for Hubby and I. We are heading up to my parents for lunch with them and my Aunt and Uncle. My siblings rotate whether they spend Christmas/Thanksgiving with our family or their spouse's. This year, we will all be together for Christmas. I am SUPER excited for this holiday...as Y will be here....and I is at the age now that it will be fun to watch his reaction to EVERYTHING.

I am looking forward to some yummy turkey and PUMPKIN PIE..

I have tried to compile my very own list of what I am thankful for: (not in any particular order)

1. My Hubby - he loves me unconditionally, listens to me, supports me, and is my best friend. He is such a hardworker and supports our family. He has a job that he doesn't like and he still sticks to it to provide for our family.
2. My stepson - Y. Although we do not see him as often as we would both like, I am thankful for the times that we do get to spend with him and am so proud of the young man he is becoming.
3. My amazing parents who taught me right from wrong, the value of hard work and honesty and showered me with their love and affection.
4. My salvation. Thank you Lord for giving us Jesus who died on the cross for my sins and giving us the opportunity to believe and follow you. Thankful for the forgiveness of my sins....as I know that I fail miserably every day. I think I should mention this more than once.
5. Military men and women who keep us safe and fight for our freedom. They are so brave and give us so much.
6.My relationship with my sister and brother.....we sure got on each others nerves a lot when we were younger...but I am so thankful we all get along and enjoy spending time together. And I am thankful for their spouses too. I couldn't have asked for better inlaws who are so good to my siblings!
7.My nephew...oh goodness....he is such a delight. I love everything about him! I just can't seem to get enough hugs and kisses from the little guy. I love being an Auntie!!
8. My Christian foundation. My parents raised me in a church and set me on the right path.
9. My grandparents - they taught me the importance of family and traditions and to always keep Christ first in my life.
10. The church I have found....oh how I longed to find the right one for so long....it is beginning to feel like home and I miss it when I don't go. I look forward to the many friends I hope to make there.
11. The clothes that I wear and the food that I eat. Lord knows I have more than enough of both!
12.  Friends. I have made friends everywhere we have lived. I am thankful for each of them. I also thankful for all my new blogging friends! I love the sweet comments that I receive!
13. Freedom.
14. The home that we live in. Vegas was our first trip anywhere since living in our home....sure does a make difference of wanting to return home. Living in an apartment...I never missed it much...but now that we have room...oh I couldn't wait to get home and have some space! :)
15. My job that I love!
16. Nature - all the beauty that God gives to us each day whether it is hot/cold, sunny/rainy/snowy. I have learned to take the time to look around and see the beauty he puts right in front of us.
17. Music - I rarely go anywhere without music on....and when I am at home...I must have some too!
18. Living closer to my family and friends.  After living clear across the country, I can't even begin to express how thankful I am for the chance to live closer to them again. Sure makes me thankful for the times we spend together.
19. My dog - Bella...she loves me no matter what. :)
20. There are many many more....the list never ends.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: