Monday, December 8, 2008

Thank you

A big thank you to all who have sent cards, notes, flowers, and food to our family during the loss of my Grandma. It is all appreciated.

I am back at work today trying to get back into the swing of things. As much as last week was difficult, I know that it is a huge relief to know that my Grandma is no longer sitting in a wheelchair or in the nursing home. We are so thankful that she is in a much better place. I am sure she is catching Grandpa up on all the news that has happened around here.

We celebrated her life on Friday afternoon with many family members and friends. Thank you for all that joined us. She was an incredibly strong woman who I admire and love. She lived a long life that was full of ups and downs, but through it all she always reminded us all that "it's okay". Everything will be okay, no matter what. She had patience and love for everyone, no matter what you might have done wrong before. She spoke her mind no matter if it might offend you, she wanted you to know the truth. She may have been small, but she was mighty.

Friday evening, my immediate family, sat around and watched a video of my Grandma and Grandpa Kemerling. It was from their 60th wedding anniversary. What a treasure it is to watch and see the two of them interact and talk about when they first met and got married. I am so thankful for this video that my Aunt and Uncle took.

This weekend has been full of emotions, but through it all, everything will be okay.

On another note, I ask that you keep a couple of families in your prayers. I know that I have mentioned them before, but now more than ever they need all the prayers they can get. It breaks my heart to see two young women my age suffering in such a way.

Stephanie Vest passed away the day after my Grandma, please pray for her husband, three children and parents that she leaves behind. Even though I did not personally know Stephanie, she has taught me to live every moment as it is your last and she has strengthened my faith in a way that is unexplainable. An amazing woman of God. http://www.stephanievest.com/

Shawndra Turner and her family also need your prayers. She has been admitted back to the hospital as of Friday. Please pray for comfort and strength for her and her family. http://www.shawndraturner.blogspot.com/

Until next time....D

No comments: