Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Almost Christmas

Christmas is almost here! And the time is flying by! I have been busy preparing for our family to arrive at our house on Christmas day. I am working through part of the day today and then will be off the rest of the week. I am looking forward to a nice long weekend at home. It's kind of nice not having to travel this year!

I am getting so excited for several of the gifts that I have made this fall. No worries, I will post pictures of them and give you all the details once they are given to my family! They are going to be quite a treat...at least I hope!

One a more serious note, I ask that you keep all the families across this great country in your prayers who have been affected by the economy and job losses. My firm this morning had a long meeting about how we are taking a proactive approach for the coming year. The details were long and a little difficult to hear, thankfully, no one has been or is going to be laid off at this time, however several things have been reduced/removed in order to prevent this from happening.

I very rarely talk about politics; however, I would like to mention one thing. I know that President Elect Obama has an infrastructure plan for this country that is HUGE. I do not know all the details; however, I do know that it is very important that the plan is approved and passes to help our firm survive and be successful. Like I said, I don't want to go on and on about this, I just ask that you say a pray that God would lead this country and it's leaders in the right direction. And that during this holiday season, each family that has been affected by job loss would be given comfort and peace during their difficult time.

May God Bless You and Keep You Safe this week!

Until next time,
D

No comments: