Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas day with our family






















Christmas day at our house was a success despite a minor setback. I awoke Christmas morning with a swollen left eye. I decided I should take a benadryl to try and help the swelling to go down, however, after lunch, I began to break out on my right eye and the inside of the left side of my mouth began swelling and turning numb. I was having an allergic reaction to something, I just couldn't figure out what it was, so more benadryl was taken. A huge thanks to my mom, aunt, sister and sister in law who cleaned up the kitchen after lunch and did all the dishes! What a huge help that was! In fact, it is all a bit blurry as I was so tired. We did have a wonderful lunch though with 12 guests and had two great gift exchanges too!

At about 6:00 that evening, with the encouragement of my mom, I made a trip to the emergency room to try and get the swelling to go down. I was given a stronger dose of prednisone. I feel like I missed a lot of the opening of gifts with my immediate family, as I was not feeling quite like myself. However, they were all great and were still at our house once I returned back home from the hospital. My parents and brother and sister in law even spent the night with us, which was wonderful to host our family in our home.

I awoke the day after Christmas to more break out on my arms and legs, I believe that part of the reaction was due to the detergent I used in our laundry, but I also believe it was something I ate, either pistachio salad or a new cheese I tried on Christmas Eve. Who knows. I guess I am going to have to make an appointment to see an allergist. Fun fun!

The good news is that I am on day two of no break outs. PHEW! It was not fun!
Anyways, pictures as promised! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!!

No comments: