Tuesday, May 6, 2008

So much to remember


Who knew buying a home would make me feel like I am losing my mind. Between starting a new job and the home buying process, the stress load has been high. I feel like there is so much to remember and I am hoping that I don't forget anything. I am sure it won't be the end of the world if I do, but there is only so many checklists that I can make to double check. We are to set up a home orientation this week...who knows excactly what that is..all I know is that we will be meeting with the builder to discuss the home and view it's "features". I didn't realize it had that many features! I know that I love the kitchen, the bathroom, and the big closet and backyard...what else do I need to know! HA!


Today was another busy day at work. Not a lot new there. I am feeling confident that I will be able to reach my goal by end of week..hoping so. Each day is becoming a little easier. Thankfully, I have similar experience from working at Vollers. See, RWR was right, I gained great experience there that I took with me! :) No, seriously, I am very thankful for the job that I had in Jersey and the wonderful group of friends that I had there. They became my family and I do miss them all! They made living/working in Jersey easier. I honestly can say I looked forward to going to work to see my friends and catching up on their lives. (and of course finding out the latest shopping deals!)


At this moment, my hubby is watching the first Lord of the Rings movie while I sit and type. He LOVES this movie. We have the entire collection and I think we must have watched it at least 50 times. NOT KIDDING! We watched a lot of movies in Jersey. It was what we would do on the weekends, Mike was normally on call, and that was our little retreat and get away from life..even if for a brief moment . We have quite the movie collection, some of you already know. We decided a few years back to collect DVDs to have one day in "movie room" that we will make one day in our basement. We have held back buying so many since moving here to Missouri, not as much time at home on the weekends, so not as many movies are watched. I believe we are over 200 Dvds now though! We need to write them all down again, we had once, but the list got longer and I am not sure what happened to it. I need to make a spreadsheet like my friend Stacy and her hubby Ant! Perhaps, one day.


My mom is in town this week staying with my sister and nephew. My bro in law is out of town on business and it was going to be my turn to watch Isaac for the week, while Kara worked, but I started a new job, so I missed my week with my little frog! Disappointed to say the least. Auntie Dana plans to make it up to him soon. I may just have to take him for the day and let mommy and daddy have a day to themselves. He is growing and growing. Such a proud Auntie I am. I had to put a picture of him on my blog!
I wish I had more exciting things to write. I must spend some time checking out window treatments, narrowing down a washer, dryer and fridge, reserving a moving truck, changing our mailing address, pricing lawnmowers, finishing laundry (even though it never is over!) etc. Goodness. It's going to be a busy week and a half. Hoping to get a few more things checked off the list.
Have a good night.
D
PS- Rach..I think that is a great idea...off to the Roloff farms for a visit!! Must be during pumpkin season! :)


No comments: