Monday, May 12, 2008

A few more days

Hoping you all had a wonderful weekend and Mother's day. I drove home on Sunday morning to have lunch and surprise my mom at church. She kind of had a feeling, so the surprise wasn't that big....but it still worked. :) My brother, Jason and sister in law, Aubrey were there for the weekend, so we all made lunch for mom, with the help of dad, doing the grilling. It turned out pretty good and my Grandpa came to have lunch with us too. It is so nice to be able to just drive home for a few hours and then head back to our place. I have missed being able to do that while living in Jersey. Hopefully, I will be able to make many more trips like that in the days, months and years to come.

It is Monday evening and I cannot believe that we are planning to close on our house on Friday, IF all the items on the "to do" list gets done before then, otherwise we may be postponing until Monday. There are several items that need to be fixed such as the garbage disposal needs hooked up, the guest bathroom bathtub needs caulked, the roof needs fixed in one spot (due to the horrible winds they have had the past couple of weeks), and the basement leakage problem needs to be fixed. So we will have to wait to see if all of these items get done in the short amount of time they have to do this.

I am hoping and praying that this all works out, but realize that it might take them a bit longer than usual, which of course just adds more for me to do. As we have our washer and dryer and fridge being delivered on Saturday. And we have our new bed being delivered on Monday. Goodness...another stressful week. At least my job has slowed down a bit.

Tonight I got off of work early enough to go and work out with Michael. I was unable to go last week due to working late, it is nice to get back into the routine.

I should be packing right now, but still can't get motivated to do it. Maybe if we found out that Friday is a go...I would feel more confident that it is going to happen on time. I'll keep you all posted.

I must give a big congratulations to my friend Abby and her husband Frank. She gave birth to their first child, a BOY! :) WOO HOO! So happy for the both of them. Grant Michael, I can't wait to meet you in person. Maybe, I can plan a trip out to Oregon this summer/fall??

Time for bed, it's getting late and another busy day tomorrow. Hoping you all have a wonderful week. :)
D

No comments: