Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Broken glass

This weekend was quite the weekend in our house for broken items. A vase came crashing down off our fireplace on Saturday morning...and broke into several thousand pieces...later on that morning...our glass cylinder with potpourri came tumbling down...and broke into a MILLION pieces..UGH! I have never cleaned up so much glass! We have fixed the problem and replaced both pieces, but boy was it frustrating!

Last night, Hubby's eye glasses broke. So I headed to the eye doctor after work to have them fixed. Thankfully, they were able to. Then just a few minutes ago while I was loading the dishwasher, I broke one of our wine glasses.

SERIOUSLY!?? Enough with breaking things around here!

I am wondering if I should stay home this evening instead of going running with my neighbor. Oh well...I will get out and see how it goes. ha!

We have signed up to be in a 5K next month. So time for me to get my butt in gear. Not sure how I feel yet about running with someone else, but figure it could be a good thing. She will keep me motivated to doing it every night.

I must admit I would rather sit here on the comfy sofa and eat some ice cream! I tell ya...me and the sweets lately....I must have gained 10 lbs over the weekend! Time to work it all off!

So..off to run I go. Hope you all had great weekends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is comforting to know that I am not the only one that has "breaking" days. Some days everything I seem to touch breaks, it's SO frustrating!