Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bloggy update

The heat of summer has arrived! Wow! It is HOT! And I am loving it! No complaints from me....I will take it! You may have noticed that I have been neglecting my blog.....or better yet...I have even been neglecting my computer at home. Hard to believe...but true!

I thought I would update you on a few things that are going on with us. Thanks for the tips for the top of the hutch! I have moved the candles to one side and the plate to the other...now just have to find the right greenery to go up there. Once I find the right item..I will be sure to post a picture. I see things throughout our house that I would love to change to add more height, now that we had a little assistance in our family room. It is amazing to have a fresh perspective on things. However, we are trying to cut the spending way down...so I will cool it for now. Just thankful to have a home to be in!

I am still making rag quilts and other items and my goal this weekend is to post some on etsy...so be on the lookout. I have no idea if they will sell online..but worth a shot. I have also joined a ministry team at church that gives baby blankets to families that have a baby.  I am really excited to be a part of this. My first rag quilt is going to be given in July to a baby girl!  I am also looking forward to helping out with vacation bible school in July. I have wanted to get more involved in my church, but a number of things just kept trying to hold me back. I really look forward to being able to serve more. The more I attend this church, the more I know God placed me in the right place.  I am so thankful!

I finished the book, So Long Insecurity. Loved loved loved it! Beth Moore is amazing and I got so much out of it. I recommed to anyone out there who struggles with insecurities!

I am trying to spend my summer reading other books as well. I have a closet full of them and some I have read, some I have not. So my goal is to get through a  couple of them this summer. 

We are trying to get my stepson out here and are having a difficult time making it work.  He is playing on a baseball team and his schedule is so busy it is hard to find a week that is free. And when his schedule is free, his mom is making excuses as to why he can't come.  This is becoming very frustrating to my Hubs...and I hate that he misses him so much and struggles with their relationship.  If you all could just lift this matter up in prayer. I have no idea what we are going to get worked out. Just very frustrating and I am the negotiator between the two parents...and it's not a fun position to be in at times.

This week I planned our dinner menu for the entire week. I try to do this...but never seem to stick to the plan, however I am on track this week! I can't wait to share with you some of the recipes. The salmon recipe we had last night was REALLY good! 

That about wraps up my bloggy update. I am sure I have more to share...but at this point I am still waiting for the coffee to kick in! Busy day at work. We are having a Safety Fair today and a big picnic tomorrow. And the bonus is we get to wear jeans all week! Love being comfy at work!

Have a blessed day!

No comments: