Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Doors of Potential (from A Grand New Day Devotion)

Jesus said, “I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of.” John 10:10


It’s important for me to live well. God wants us all to live fully…and well. It is part of his dream for us. We have no idea what lies ahead or how God will open doors of potentiality when we consciously choose to get out of the ruts we are in and start moving down new paths about which we can be excited – even passionate. Some think being adventuresome means taking a trip around the world, bungee jumping, or walking into a lion’s cage at the zoo. Not at all. It’s an attitude, not a behavior. It’s daring to be curious about the unknown, to dream big dreams, to live outside prescribed boxes, to take risks, and above all, daring to investigate the way we live until we discover the deepest treasured purpose of why we are here.

- Lucy Swindoll

Sometimes things just happen. I can’t explain them; as much as I try…I just know and believe that it is a God thing. This week, a door of potential was opened to me and I have taken a leap of faith and decided to go through the door. I gave my two week notice to resign as of yesterday morning to my current job and accepted a new job with a company that is located closer to our home.

My devotion this morning says it all. I dare to dream, be passionate, take risks and believe that God has a better life for me than I could ever dream of. With the encouragement of my husband and the peace that God gave me about this decision, I honestly can say I know in my heart it is the right decision.

Thank you God for opening doors when we least expect them to open.

No comments: