Friday, October 17, 2008

Updates

As you can probably tell, I am working on updating our blog. It is a work in progress, but I am getting there. First of all, I have changed the name. Oh Fiddlestix....one may ask...where did this come from? A phrase I believe I got from my Grandma Bradfield when I was growing up...and it has stuck. I can remember the first time Mike heard me say "oh fiddlestix"...he laughed and asked where did I get such a saying....and I just smiled...and said Grandma Bradfield.

We have been living in Missouri since March, and I figured the name needed to be changed to something different than the ordinary.....so....that is what I came up with...Oh fiddlestix.... :)

On this site you will find all sorts of information. I have added several different links for you all to check out.

One is for prayer requests. Shawndra Turner and Stephanie Vest are two women, whom I have never met, but I have the utmost respect and admiration for them both. They are both around my age and are located in the Kansas City area and these women are fighting battles with cancer. I have been following Shawndra Turner's blog for over a year, I found it through Jennifer Ireland's blog, that my friend Rachael had sent to me when I was living out in Jersey. I found Stephanie Vest's blog through Shawndra's site. If you have a moment or two, please check out their sites, read their stories, and say a prayer for each of them and their beautiful families. They are two extraordinary women that I pray for daily.

I have also added a place for my favorite scripture.I hope that you enjoy them both. The first scripture I have added is my favorite verse, something my Grandma wrote in notes and cards that she would mail to me. In fact, one of the last letters I received included a copy of the pastor's notes from his sermon on this scripture. "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11. I need to be reminded of this on a daily basis. He already has things planned out for me, I just need to be patient and wait.

I have also added some of my favorite blog sites to visit as well as some shopping sites. I hope you all enjoy browsing as much as I do. Any questions about any of them, let me know....I go to each of them quite off and have ordered off of all of them.

Some other items I hope to add to the site are:
-Favorite Recipes
-Slideshow Pics
-Craft ideas

Hoping this site becomes more user friendly and interesting. :) I hope to get pictures of the inside of our house posted this weekend...as well as some other interesting items....be on the look out!

Have a wonderful Friday!

D

No comments: