Monday, November 3, 2008

November

Hard to believe that November has arrived and even harder to believe the gorgeous weather we have been having!

Not alot to report from the Tracy household. Mike is still fighting a cold that he just can't seem to get rid of. He spent a lot of the weekend trying to relax and sleep. In fact we both did last night as we were in bed before 9:00 pm! We are getting old! HA! :)

Thank you to all of you who have been praying for Stephanie Vest. As I have mentioned before, I do not know her or her family personally, but I am awe struck at the amazing life she lives and the courage and strength that she has. Just through reading her blog, I am encouraged to be a better wife, daughter, sister, friend. She is truly an inspiration to me. Her faith in God and testimony that she displays is something I strive to be like.

I have been thinking about more decorating ideas, especially for my laundry room. I want the room I spend a lot of time in to be happy and spunky! ( I got the idea from Stephanie's Hot Pink laundry room). Each time I look at the pictures of it, I smile. So in honor of an amazing woman, I choose to make my laundry in to a Happy Place. I don't think I can convince Mike to let me paint it pink, but I am going to incorporate as much PINK as possible into the wall hangings and decor....and what better than to add some "I Love Lucy" memorabilia. If you don't know....I LOVE all of the "I Love Lucy" shows. Thanks to my mom many years ago, my sister and I have begun to collect the entire series of shows and that is one thing we always enjoy watching together. Lucy and Ethel always make me laugh. I am never to thrilled to do laundry, but maybe if I make it a fun place, I will enjoy being in the room more often. :)

I have begun to do my Christmas shopping. Wyatt is coming to stay with us for the week of Thanksgiving, and our plan is to celebrate Christmas with him the Saturday after Thanksgiving, so I am trying to get all I can get done before then. We have not told Wyatt that is our plan as we want it to be a surprise. Mike plans to take him out of the house for a few hours and during that time I will set up our tree and place his presents underneath. I am pretty excited as is Mike as we don't usually get to watch him unwrap his gifts. This will be a first! :) So Christmas is coming early to our house. But if you know anything about me, you know that I LOVE CHRISTMAS time. Have already begun listening to a couple of my Christmas CDs....hehe! I am nuts...I know...I get it from my Mom....love you MOM!

That about wraps up all that has been going on with me. I am sure I have more to write, I just can't think of it at the moment. Hope you make today a great day!

No comments: