Tuesday, November 4, 2008

ELECTION DAY


I have been waiting for this day for quite a while now, as I am sure the rest of you have too! Have you voted yet?

I am voting this afternoon. I have been almost awestruck this morning, could be that I am just hormonal, but I am completely amazed that we live in such a great country where we are free to vote for whoever we choose. As I left the gym this morning at 5:30, I drove by the church where I will be voting later today and car after car pulled into the parking lot, it was people getting ready to vote. When I drove past this morning at 7:00, the entire parking lot was full and the line was wrapped around the HUGE church TWICE! Simply amazing site of people standing in line early in the morning.

I am so thankful that we live in a country where we as women, especially, are able to vote and not only that, but we live in a great country. We DO! Do I sound a bit patriotic today?? Ha! I am so ready as I am sure everyone is for the political ads to stop and for us all to move forward. Enough with the calls, fliers, commercials, etc. I don't know what I will watch when running on the treadmill in the mornings now! :)

Anyways, if you haven't voted, make sure you do. Don't get frustrated by the lines. It's worth it! HAPPY TUESDAY!

No comments: