Friday, January 6, 2012

Do we go right or left?

"It is precisely because we do not know what the next turn of the page will bring that we nourish our hearts now." ~John Eldredge

Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. ~1 Chron. 16:11

Focusing on this right now. This next week is a BIG week. If you could stop for even just a brief moment to pray for us,we would appreciate it. I have put this out in the Facebook world to our family and friends, but wanted to share it here as well. 

As many of you know, Hub's company has been sold. The acquiring date is the end of this month and we have been in limbo for nearly three months now...not knowing if he can apply...not knowing if he has a job...what  his salary will be...etc. During this time, he has taken steps to try and come up with a back up plan, in case the current job doesn't pan out.

He interviewed and was offered two jobs...both in TX. The first job..he declined. The second job...well the company is willing to wait on Hubs and find out what his current job offers before he has to accept/decline their offer.  It is a good offer...that comes with lots of new excitement and adventure.  The killer is that it is away from my family......from everything we know and have grown to love...including our home, neighbors, co-workers, 31 team, etc. we are...the weekend before the "official job offer/job decline letter" is delivered to him next week.  We have no idea what it will say, however we are pretty hopeful he will be offered a job. HOWEVER, the big kicker is that we are really worried that this new job offer will be a DRASTIC cut in his salary. 

If the cut in his salary is BIG...he will be accepting the TX offer. If the salary is the same, we will be staying put. I have been relatively calm and ok abut the entire thing..until just a few days ago. Reality of trying to pack up and move set in. The truth is that he would go before me and we would be making the long distance relationship work again until we could get our home sold. Sounds like so much...sounds like more than I can handle...but I am praying for God's will. For his plan, is far greater than mine.

Will this take us to a new place? Or will it keep us here? Will you just pray that we will both be at peace with the decision that is made and that we will both know right away what the right decision is.

Thank you. I appreciate it more than you will ever know. 

I promise to keep you posted as soon as we know something.

PS- Our weightloss challenge is going great!! I am really loving the shakes!
Want to follow us day to day! Check out our Facebook page!


jenn said...

i will be praying that you both have a clear decision this weekend! Praying the God's wisdom!!!

Wifey said...

Still praying! And I read this today and thought it was a great reminder. I spend so much time trying to figure things out, when instead I should just be praying about it and trusting God. Easier said than done but I hope that no matter the outcome you and Mike both have peace about the whole thing!

Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take.

~ Proverbs 3:6